Our Immersive Fellowships offer creative companies a chance to support a member of staff, 'the Fellow', to work on blue-sky ideas and prototypes in next-generation storytelling. We look to fund ideas that are highly innovative but also scalable and have commercial development potential.
Successful applicants receive:
- Funding to support their time to work on idea development
- Access to leading research expertise at Royal Holloway University of London, Brunel University and/or University of Creative Arts in Farnham
- A production budget to build early-stage prototypes
- Significant in-kind support from the StoryFutures team in developing their idea and business proposition
- Ownership of IP they develop as part of the fellowship, and the ability to exploit this IP commercially
- Introductions to potential customers and funders to support taking their idea to market.
We welcome interest from all SMEs based in the Gateway Cluster area and broader London that have experience in creative immersive storytelling. To qualify the company needs to be an SME with fewer than 250 employees and turnover under £50m.
StoryFutures and Nesta, the global innovation foundation, have teamed up to offer a fellowships programme to develop prototypes that have a positive impact on mental health. The projects explore how immersive storytelling can help people develop new skills, behaviours or attitudes, or promote positive everyday experiences to support mental health. Fellows were appointed in early March 2020, to deliver prototypes in Summer 2020. Each fellow receives £20,000 in funding alongside academic expertise in mental health and support in project development from Nesta and StoryFutures.